With all the rain we have had recently, it is important to keep an eye out for water in your home. Even minor flooding can cause water damage to your home.
Once you see that your have water coming in, call immediately. The sooner the better. The moisture can attract all kind of microbes and mold that can destroy your furniture and personal items. At True Clean, we are certified technicians and will be prepared to handle the water damage and salvage as much as possible.
Upon arrival, we will pump out the standing water and begin drying out your home. The sooner you call us the sooner we can save flooring and drywall. We also will test for any microbes or mold that can cause health problems and damage to your home.
Easy ways to prevent water damage from happening are:
- Maintain gutters and downspouts. Keep leaves and debris clear of your gutters.
- Extend downspouts 10 ft away from your house
- Adjust your landscaping so that water is not flowing towards your house
- Make sure your sump pump is in working order and clean it annually
- In case you do take water, prepare your basement by raising your washer, dryer, wiring, etc.