Tips to keep mold out of your home
Mold can be a nightmare in your home! It is damaging both to you home and your well being. Below are some helpful tips to prevent mold in your home or business. Remember if you see mold, call the professionals at True Clean to take care of the it!
- This first tip might seem like a no-brainer but it is still important to make sure to act as quickly as possible if you have a water leak. Thoroughly drying the area as quickly as possible will reduce the chances of growth. Something as simple as a spill on the carpet should be dried within 24 to 48 hours to prevent the possibility of mold.
- Checking the outside of your home is very important because you can stop water from getting into your house from the source.
- Check your gutters – keep them clean and make necessary repairs.
- Checking your foundation for any crack or imperfections
- Make sure the ground does not slope towards you foundation.
- It is important to make sure to keep the inside of you house at a low humidity. Reducing the amount of moisture in your home is key to preventing mold. The EPA recommends keeping indoor humidity between 30 and 60 percent. You can purchase a moisture reader at a local hardware store.
- Make sure you home has proper ventilation in rooms with high moisture such as kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, etc.
- Use fans in the bathroom after showering or in the kitchen after cooking.
- Use dehumidifiers through out your home.
Following these simple steps can make a big difference in your home or business. If you do end with mold in your home, call us immediately at 309-664-8577 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.